We make athletic mamas strong again
Hatch Athletic is an online postpartum training program for strong mamas to return safely to high intensity fitness
HATCH is the long-awaited and a uniquely tailored program for strong mamas.
HATCH offers 12 weeks of research-based online postpartum training for women who were used to high intensity cross-training or weight-training before they were pregnant.
Gym or At Home
Juggling caring for your little one and can't break free?! HATCH is designed so you can do it at home if needs be. There's minimal kit requirements too, so no excuses.
We Get It
HATCH is designed by a physiotherapist, athlete and trainer who is also someone just like you - a mum. The programming is trustworthy but also engaging, to meet the needs of that 'athletic' brain. A program that understands the nature of high intensity sport, but also the rehab needs of a postpartum body and mind.
Body and Mind
We support you in navigating motherhood whilst training with intention. We encourage self-kindness and humility during what can be a very full-on time.
Hatch Athletic will...
- Build you the strongest foundation you've ever had, even before you were pregnant
- Help you return to your sport with bulletproof pelvic health
- Help you unlock the power of breath, muscle and movement coordination needed for FULL postpartum healing
- Help you love and nurture your new postpartum body
- Build confidence and mental resilience
- Guide competitive mindsets through a very necessary healing process to ensure they can return to their sport fully and in the long term
- Support you every step of the way
Take a Tour
Get to know a bit more about what your 12-week program will look and feel like by taking a sneak-peek into the program portal with Kat
A week as a Hatch Athlete...
3 Workout Days
3 Active Rest Days
1 Full Rest Day
Workouts last between 40-60 mins and have three sections:
1. ENGAGE - pelvic floor, core and pilates-style work;
2. MOVE & BUILD - accessory strength pieces to complement the skills from the first part;
3. and REWARD - that's the hot, sweaty and endorphin based good-stuff we save for the end.
What you need
- An appreciation for, and a desire to return to, high intensity functional and/or strength training
- Experience of lifting weight in some capacity: squatting, pressing and deadlifting with a barbell
- Familiarity with functional fitness movements such as thrusters and cleans, snatches
- Committed to training 3 days a week and 3 active rest days (walk, swim, cycle)
- To be cleared by your GP/medical professional to resume gentle exercise - usually at 6-8 weeks postpartum
- To visit a women's health physiotherapist prior to starting your program
- If training at home: 2 light/red resistance bands, a small selection of dumbbells/kettlebells, a sandbag or weighted backpack, a large bedsheet, a firm couch and a broomstick
and...your head is READY to get back in the game
What you get
- 12 week research-based program you can do anywhere in the world
- Digital programming on your desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile
- 250+ workout videos
- Step-by-step coaching notes and movement tutorials
- Modifications and advice based on your own circumstances: diastasis, c-section delivery and prolapse
- Tutorial on postpartum posture
- Tutorial on how to check your diastasis and assess your function
- Simple nutrition guide and new mum food hacks
- Mama mobility & flexibility ebook
- Discounts/special offers with our home equipment partners
- 12 weeks of MINDSET content to support your motherhood journey
- Invitation to join private Facebook group to meet our growing community of likeminded mamas
- OPTION: upgrade to (Rx+) and get 3 x 1hr zoom coaching calls with Kat to use when you like
Hi I'm Kat
A CrossFit athlete and coach, a physiotherapist and, most importantly a mama.
I created Hatch Athletic because there simply wasn't enough out there when I had my son. I was used to pushing hard and lifting heavy, and knew I needed something very comprehensive if I was going to return to my sport competitively with bulletproof pelvic health. There was no reliable, high-quality programme that offered training for the mind and body, so I decided to create it myself.
I wanted to produce a science-based 12-week programme that felt authentic and real in its approach and led by an athletic mama who has experienced it all.
Welcome to the community of Strong Mamas.
Meet More Mamas
"The best decision I made for my postpartum body was joining Hatch. I loved the program and was excited to do every workout. The program not only gave me the knowledge and support I needed, but it was honestly the one thing that I looked forward to even when I was feeling down or stressed."
- Henni Melbourne, Darwin, Australia
"I'm convinced this is the first step on the way back to regular CrossFit program, classes or even the competition floor."
-Ursula Fasel, CrossFit Games Athlete 2017 & 2019, Switzerland
"This program is ideal for any CrossFitting mother who considers herself an athlete! This isn't your usual wishy-washy program... this is structured and challenging, leading you back towards where you were pre-baby. This is exactly what the market was missing for CrossFit athletes."
- Rhiannon Starling, CrossFit Llanelli Affiliate Co-Owner, Wales
Hatch has been rigorously tested and approved by healthcare professionals around the world
Tracey Matthews BSc MCSP HCPC MPOGP MSK and Women's Health Physiotherapist, Kane Physiotherapy, UK
Hatch Athletic is a breath of fresh air compared to other postpartum training programs. It’s developed for those who have trained in high level sport not just CrossFit. It’s a very clear and concise graduated guide to return to high level fitness. They have worked closely with women’s health physiotherapists to develop an outstanding program for athletic mums. I wish it had been out when I had my son.
Dr Brandi Cole PHD
Sport and Exercise Physician & Owner of Shire Sports Medicine, NSW, Australia
Hatch Athletic is a wonderful resource for any female wishing to start or return to weightlifting, CrossFit or functional fitness after having a baby. The app is easy to follow, the program is well written and the demonstrations and advice are spot on. I’ll definitely be recommending this program to all my pregnant patients to help with their return to activity after their baby.