Rx+ is a one-of-a-kind physio & dietitian-led postpartum training & nutrition program
We make athletic mamas strong and well-nourished again
HATCH has partnered with pH Nutrition to offer 12 weeks of research-based online postpartum training WITH nutrition coaching for women who love high intensity cross-training or weight-training.
We promise to get you back to your pre-bub training environment with confidence whilst keeping you well-fuelled, to get you the results you want.
Gym or At Home
Juggling caring for your little one and can't break free?! HATCH is designed so you can do it at home if needs be. There's minimal kit requirements too (click here for kit requirements), so no excuses.
We Get It
Your training component is designed by Hatch creator Kat; a physiotherapist, CrossFit athlete and trainer who is also someone just like you - a mum.
The nutrition component is led by dietitian AJ from pH Nutrition - who are nutrition coaches with a specialism in leading functional fitness athletes to smash their goals.
The programming is trustworthy but also engaging, to meet the needs of that 'athletic' brain. A program that understands the nature of high intensity sport, but also the rehab needs of a postpartum body and mind.
We support you in navigating motherhood whilst training and eating with intention. We have private calls with you throughout the program, and you also get a buddy doing the program at the same time as you. This is for company & accountability during what can be a very full-on time.WATCH THE VIDEO
Build the strongest foundation you've ever had and return to your sport bulletproof, inside and out
A game-changer for athletes who:
- Loved training 4-6 times a week in a functional, CrossFit-style or weightlifting gym environment before they were pregnant
- Are familiar with 'going-hard' regularly and loving that feeling
- Identify as performance driven and competitive (not necessarily with others, but with themselves)
- Take an interest in diet and nutrition, and recognise it's role in athletic performance
- Are expecting a baby or have recently given birth
- Note: you do NOT need to be a competitive or highly experienced athlete.
Happy Hatch Athletes
Rx+ gives you...
- STRENGTH. Build the strongest foundation you've ever had, even before you were pregnant
- CONFIDENCE. Return to your sport in a progressive, engaging way specifically designed with functional fitness athletes in mind
- TOOLS. Easy access resources, tutorials, videos and mindset emails to actually make it happen
- KNOWLEDGE. Learn about your own postpartum body. Know what, when and how to eat to support your postnatal journey. Make good training & eating decisions as an autonomous postpartum athlete
- GUIDANCE. On how to structure your meals, meal prep and recipe inspiration
- RESILIENCE. Be guided through a very necessary healing process to ensure you can return to you sport fully and in the long term. Build confidence and mental resilience as a new mother
- SUPPORT. One to one consults with your coaches, a buddy to train alongside, as well as a supportive community of athletes
A week as a Rx+ athlete...
3 Workout Days
3 Active Rest Days
1 Full Rest Day
2 Nutrition Lessons
& resources for you to put it all into practice
Workouts last between 40-60 mins and have three sections:
1. ENGAGE - pelvic floor, core and pilates-style work;
2. MOVE & BUILD - accessory strength pieces to complement the skills from the first part;
3. and REWARD - that's the hot, sweaty and endorphin based good-stuff we save for the end.
What you need
- To be cleared by your medical professional to resume gentle exercise - usually 6-8 wks postpartum
- To visit a women's health physiotherapist prior to starting your program
- If training at home: 2 light/red resistance bands, a small selection of dumbbells/kettlebells, a sandbag or weighted backpack, a large bedsheet, a firm couch and a broomstick (learn more about equipment requirements)
and...your head is READY to get back in the game
- 12-week physio-led online programming guaranteed to get you back to the barbell
- 3 workouts a week, 3 active days a week.
- 12-weeks of progressive nutrition coaching led by your dietician and nutrition-coach
- 2 postpartum nutrition lessons a week with actionable steps to make
- Meal structure, planning and prep strategies, and guidance
- One-to-one on-boarding and second consult with each coach (that's 4 private consults)
- Digital programming on your desktop, laptop, tablet or from a mobile app
- 250+ workout videos
- Coaching notes and movement tutorials
- Modifications and advice based on your own journey: diastasis, c-section and prolapse
- Tutorials on posture, diastasis, abdominal control, tempo
- Unique Hatch WHISK app community and thousands of recipes
- Nutrition tools, macro calculator, resources, ebooks and video lessons
- Discounts with our home equipment partners
- 12 weeks of MINDSET content to support your motherhood journey and postpartum relationship with food
- An end-of-the-course post-natal nutrition guide to consolidate your learning
- Buddy doing the program at the same time as you - for company and accountability
- Checklists and emails to help you stay on track and make it happen
A personalised approach
Private consult calls with your coaches
As an Rx+ member you have two coaching calls with both Kat and AJ, to ensure you're getting the most from your program. You also have access to unlimited chat/Q&A throughout those 12 weks.
* Based on 82 feedback forms submitted from Hatch Athletes. 100% athletes reported an improvement in physical strength, fitness or mental health, or all three, after following the program.
Hi I'm Kat
A CrossFit athlete and coach, a physiotherapist with a specialist interest in womens health and, most importantly a mama.
I created Hatch Athletic because there simply wasn't enough out there when I had my son. I was used to pushing hard and lifting heavy, and knew I needed something very comprehensive if I was going to return to my sport competitively with bulletproof pelvic health. There was no reliable, high-quality programme that offered training for the mind and body, so I decided to create it myself.
Hatch is a science-based 12-week programme that is led by an athletic mama who has experienced it all. We've had hundreds of athletes pass through our doors, and with 100% 5* reviews, the results speak for themselves.
Welcome to the community of Strong Mamas.
Hi I'm AJ
Because Amelia-Jessica is too much of a mouthful!
I'm an NHS dietician and nutrition coach who works for pH Nutrition. As pH coaches, we operate from functional fitness spaces and CrossFit gyms, to ensure clients see results in both their physical composition and their performance.
With 10 years in the health and fitness industry, an MSc in Nutrition & Dietetics and a personal involvement in all things CrossFit and lifting, it was a no-brainer to join forces with Hatch Athletic to bring you Rx+, so you can finally have it all. Because let's face it, physical performance needs attention to both.
Get ready to be back in charge and see the results you've been dreaming of.
What kit do I need for Hatch Athletic?
How many workouts is it a week?
How do I access my program?
Do you have an app?
How long do I have access for?
Will the program help me to lose the baby weight?
Do I get a meal plan?
How many weeks postpartum can I start Hatch Athletic?
I love fitness but I'm not sure I'm an 'athlete!' What do you mean by 'athletic?'
Can I do the program before being cleared to exercise by my doctor?
Can I do the program without a consultation without a women's health physio?
Can I do other fitness programs or classes whilst doing Hatch Athletic?
Is there any 1-to-1 coaching or support?
What if I'm ill or I miss a workout?
Can I split the workouts into parts throughout the day?
What if I experience pain during my workout?
What do I do if I don't have all the kit that's suggested in the program?
When will I be back to lifting and working out like I did before?
Will you help me with my baby's health via breastfeeding or give guidance on weaning?
Can I do all my workouts at the beginning of the week and all my active rest days at the end of the week?
Is the program safe to do with diastasis, PGP, prolapse or continence problems?
More Happy Athletes
This Could Be You
"The best decision I made for my postpartum body was joining Hatch. The program not only gave me the knowledge and support I needed, but it was honestly the one thing that I looked forward to even when I was feeling down or stressed."
CrossFit Affiliate Co-Owner
"This program is ideal for any CrossFitting mother who considers herself an athlete! This isn't your usual wishy-washy program... this is structured and challenging, leading you back towards where you were pre-baby. This is exactly what the market was missing for CrossFit athletes."
Olympic Gymnast & Cirque du Soleil Artiste
"Hatch was my perfect postpartum program. From start to finish it was professional, well planned, easy to follow, safe and included an amazing community feel."
CrossFit, Powerlifting, Yoga
"I cannot recommend this program enough for women who do love training and for those women who want to show the world and teach our bubbas that women can be strong too!"
Hatch has been rigorously tested and approved by healthcare professionals around the world
Tracey Matthews BSc MCSP HCPC MPOGP MSK and Women's Health Physiotherapist, Kane Physiotherapy, UK
"Hatch Athletic is a breath of fresh air compared to other postpartum training programs. It’s developed for those who have trained in high level sport not just CrossFit. It’s a very clear and concise graduated guide to return to high level fitness. They have worked closely with women’s health physiotherapists to develop an outstanding program for athletic mums. I wish it had been out when I had my son."
Dr Brandi Cole PHD
Sport and Exercise Physician & Owner of Shire Sports Medicine, NSW, Australia
"Hatch Athletic is a wonderful resource for any female wishing to start or return to weightlifting, CrossFit or functional fitness after having a baby. The app is easy to follow, the program is well written and the demonstrations and advice are spot on. I’ll definitely be recommending this program to all my pregnant patients to help with their return to activity after their baby."