We make athletic mamas strong again
We are an online postpartum training program for strong mamas to return safely to high intensity fitness
HATCH is the long-awaited and a uniquely tailored program for strong mamas.
HATCH offers 12 weeks of research-based online postpartum training for women who were used to high intensity cross-training or weight-training before they were pregnant.
Gym or At Home
Juggling caring for your little one and can't break free?! HATCH is designed so you can do it at home if needs be. There's minimal kit requirements too, so no excuses.
We Get It
HATCH is designed by a physiotherapist, athlete and trainer who is also someone just like you - a mum. The programming is trustworthy but also engaging, to meet the needs of that 'athletic' brain. A program that understands the nature of high intensity sport, but also the rehab needs of a postpartum body and mind.
Body and Mind
We support you in navigating motherhood whilst training with intention. We encourage self-kindness and humility during what can be a very full-on time.TAKE A TOUR
Build the strongest foundation you've ever had and return to your sport with bulletproof pelvic health
A game-changer for athletes who:
- Loved training 4-6 times a week in a functional, CrossFit-style or weightlifting gym environment before they were pregnant
- Are familiar with 'going-hard' regularly and loving that feeling
- Are accustomed to pushing their bodies to new limits and seeing results
- Identify as performance driven and competitive (not necessarily with others, but with themselves)
- Are expecting a baby or have recently given birth
Happy Hatch Athletes
Grace Hall, Bodybuilder Powerlifter
"Every strong mama needs to do this postpartum program! The knowledge behind it all is extensive and you'll be in safe hands. Kat is lovely and offers so much more than a program with weekly emails about motherhood and the challenges it can hold. Thank you so much Kat, I feel confident again."
Amy Bennett, CrossFit Athlete
"Hatch was just what I was looking for. Desperate to get moving again but wanting to make sure I did it right, Hatch offered all the tools & resources so I didn't have to think about it. Trying to juggle 2 young kids, Kat's kind encouragement & the program structure helped me make time for myself."
Magda Rotsztejn, CrossFit Athlete
"Hatch is a brilliantly designed and cleverly thought through programme. It's also an amazing community of fellow mommas to support on the lifelong postpartum journey. I couldn't be happier with this 12 week foundation to help me safely get back to Crossfit and competing locally again! "
Hatch Athletic gives you...
- Strength. Build the strongest foundation you've ever had, even before you were pregnant
- Confidence. Return to your sport with bulletproof pelvic health
- Knowledge. Learn about your own postpartum body and techniques to help you make your own autonomous decisions after graduating as a postpartum athlete
- Resilience. Build confidence and mental resilience as a new mother
- Mindset Coaching. Be guided, as a competitive mindset, through a very necessary healing process to ensure you can return to you sport fully and in the long term
- Permission to be kind. We help you to love and nurture your new postpartum body
- Support. A community to support you every step of the way
Take a Tour
Get to know a bit more about what your 12-week program will look and feel like by taking a sneak-peek into the program portal with Kat
A week as a Hatch Athlete...
3 Workout Days
3 Active Rest Days
1 Full Rest Day
Workouts last between 40-60 mins and have three sections:
1. ENGAGE - pelvic floor, core and pilates-style work;
2. MOVE & BUILD - accessory strength pieces to complement the skills from the first part;
3. and REWARD - that's the hot, sweaty and endorphin based good-stuff we save for the end.
What you need
- To be cleared by your medical professional to resume gentle exercise - usually 6-8 wks postpartum
- To visit a women's health physiotherapist prior to starting your program
- If training at home: 2 light/red resistance bands, a small selection of dumbbells/kettlebells, a sandbag or weighted backpack, a large bedsheet, a firm couch and a broomstick (learn more about equipment requirements)
and...your head is READY to get back in the game
What you get
- 12 week research-based program you can do anywhere in the world
- Digital programming on your desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile
- 250+ workout videos
- Step-by-step coaching notes and movement tutorials
- Modifications and advice based on your own circumstances: diastasis, c-section delivery and prolapse
- Tutorial on postpartum posture
- Tutorial on how to check your diastasis and assess your function
- Simple nutrition guide and new mum food hacks
- Mama mobility & flexibility ebook
- Discounts/special offers with our home equipment partners
- 12 weeks of MINDSET content to support your motherhood journey
- Invitation to join private Facebook group to meet our growing community of likeminded mamas
- OPTION: upgrade to (Rx+) and get 3 x 1hr zoom coaching calls with Kat to use when you like
Hi I'm Kat
A CrossFit athlete and coach, a physiotherapist and, most importantly a mama.
I created Hatch Athletic because there simply wasn't enough out there when I had my son. I was used to pushing hard and lifting heavy, and knew I needed something very comprehensive if I was going to return to my sport competitively with bulletproof pelvic health. There was no reliable, high-quality programme that offered training for the mind and body, so I decided to create it myself.
I wanted to produce a science-based 12-week programme that felt authentic and real in its approach and led by an athletic mama who has experienced it all.
Welcome to the community of Strong Mamas.
What kit do I need for Hatch Athletic?
How many workouts is it a week?
How do I access my program?
Do you have an app?
How long do I have access for?
How many weeks postpartum can I start Hatch Athletic?
I love fitness but not sure if the program is right for me. What do you mean by 'athletic?'
Can I do the program before being cleared to exercise by my doctor?
Can I do the program without a consultation without a women's health physio?
Can I do other fitness programs or classes whilst doing Hatch Athletic?
Is there any 1-to-1 coaching or support?
What if I'm ill or I miss a workout?
Can I split the workouts into parts throughout the day?
What do I do if I don't have all the kit that's suggested in the program?
Can I do all my workouts at the beginning of the week and all my active rest days at the end of the week?
What if I experience pain during my workout?
Is the program safe to do with diastasis, PGP, prolapse or continence problems?
When will I be back to lifting and working out like I did before?
This Could Be You
Henni Melbourne, Darwin, Australia
"The best decision I made for my postpartum body was joining Hatch. The program not only gave me the knowledge and support I needed, but it was honestly the one thing that I looked forward to even when I was feeling down or stressed."
Ursula Fasel, CrossFit Games Athlete 2017 & 2019, Switzerland
"I'm convinced this is the first step on the way back to regular CrossFit program, classes or even the competition floor"
Rhiannon Starling, CrossFit Llanelli Affiliate Co-Owner, Wales
"This program is ideal for any CrossFitting mother who considers herself an athlete! This isn't your usual wishy-washy program... this is structured and challenging, leading you back towards where you were pre-baby. This is exactly what the market was missing for CrossFit athletes."
Hatch has been rigorously tested and approved by healthcare professionals around the world
Tracey Matthews BSc MCSP HCPC MPOGP MSK and Women's Health Physiotherapist, Kane Physiotherapy, UK
"Hatch Athletic is a breath of fresh air compared to other postpartum training programs. It’s developed for those who have trained in high level sport not just CrossFit. It’s a very clear and concise graduated guide to return to high level fitness. They have worked closely with women’s health physiotherapists to develop an outstanding program for athletic mums. I wish it had been out when I had my son."
Dr Brandi Cole PHD
Sport and Exercise Physician & Owner of Shire Sports Medicine, NSW, Australia
"Hatch Athletic is a wonderful resource for any female wishing to start or return to weightlifting, CrossFit or functional fitness after having a baby. The app is easy to follow, the program is well written and the demonstrations and advice are spot on. I’ll definitely be recommending this program to all my pregnant patients to help with their return to activity after their baby."